Spring will arrive on March 20, 2023 , and last until June 20, 2023. There are four seasons in a year: Spring (or also springtime), Summer, Autumn (also known as Fall), and Winter. In the Northern Hemisphere Spring is the first full season to happen in each year.
March , April , and May are usually known as the 3 spring months .
What Does Spring Look Like
Spring is the season between the last days of winter and the first days of summer, when the weather starts transitioning from colder days to warmer days and the temperature slowly rises.
Days and nights last for 12 hours during the spring equinox. However, as the warmer days approach, days become longer and nights become shorter.
Spring is the most colorful time of the year. The blooming of flowers and trees is the quintessential depiction of spring
The sky becomes clearer, and animals come out of hibernation and start breeding. Birds that migrated returns home as well.
Spring is the perfect time to enjoy cherry blossoms, daffodils, and more.
In the polar regions, spring lasts for a very short time. Farmers also start sowing seeds during spring, so they can be harvested during summer.
What Astronomy Says About Spring
The astronomical vernal equinox can be used to mark the beginning of spring in the Northern Hemisphere.
When it's spring in the Northern Hemisphere, it is autumn in the Southern Hemisphere. Therefore, the Southern Hemisphere experiences spring in September-December, while the US experiences Autumn.
Although the solar calendar states that Spring begins on February 1 and ends on the first day of Summer in May.
The Threat Of Spring Weather: Thunderstorms and More
While spring sounds and looks wonderful, you should still be aware of a few things. The weather during spring is likely to become more unstable as warmer air starts intruding while the cooler air is still flowing out.
Flooding is also very common during this time as the snow is melting and warm rain which happens regularly during this time makes it worse especially in hilly regions.
Tornadoes, thunderstorms, and hailstorms are also frequent during this time.
Spring is also known for festivals and celebrations. Especially during ancient times, many rituals took place during spring.
Some important spring celebrations are:
Discovering Spring: 5 Facts You Should Know
- The word "spring" is derived from the old English word "springan" which means to spring forth. It means how flowers and plants bloom during this season.
- Cherry blossoms in certain parts of Asia are famous during this time, especially in Japan.
- In many countries, Daylight Savings begins in Spring.
- During early spring, the earth's axis tilts towards the sun more. As a result, days quickly become longer in the corresponding hemisphere.
- Spring is known as the season of rebirth, renewal, and regrowth. With the cold winter days bidding adieu, the warmer days get ready to welcome us. It symbolizes a new cycle of change and growth.
- The snow starts melting during this time. Places that get little to no snowfall get warmer faster than places that get snow.